It's time to get on anyone's Train

fastball

With a team, with so many if's one would think you could stir the pot. All the rumor's of F/A agents and trades just isn't going to happen. This team as it stands does not go to the playoffs.Some may have me jumping out the window for negative comments.This is not a better team then last year,it's just hard to think what F/A that is left could make a positive impact.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a team, with so many if's one would think you could stir the pot. All the rumor's of F/A agents and trades just isn't going to happen. This team as it stands does not go to the playoffs.Some may have me jumping out the window for negative comments.This is not a better team then last year,it's just hard to think what F/A that is left could make a positive impact.

It's time to stand pat!

And I'll be with him ...... on that midnight train to Baltimore.

I'd rather live in Buck's world ...... than live without him in mine.

He kept dreaming

(Dreaming)

Ooh, that some day he'd be a star

(A superstar, but he didn't get far)

But he sure found out the hard way

That dreams don't always come true, oh no, uh uh

(Dreams don't always come true, uh uh, no, uh uh)

So he pawned down his hopes

(Woo, woo, woo-woo)

And even sold his old car

(Woo, woo, woo-woo)

Bought a one way ticket back to the life he once knew

Oh yes he did, he said he would

Spring training can't get here soon enough.

For this particular off-season, I can bear the wait.

A) Winning the A.L. East by a landslide (mathematically clinching it with two weeks left to be played in the season) .......

B) Sweeping the Tigers, and advancing to the A.L.C.S. ........

C) All of this happening while the Yankees and the Red Sox were both sitting at home, watching the postseason ........

With all of that marinating in my soul, I am more patient than ever about starting a new season. ;)

For this particular off-season, I can bear the wait.

A) Winning the A.L. East by a landslide (mathematically clinching it with two weeks left to be played in the season) .......

B) Sweeping the Tigers, and advancing to the A.L.C.S. ........

C) All of this happening while the Yankees and the Red Sox were both sitting at home, watching the postseason ........

With all of that marinating in my soul, I am more patient than ever about starting a new season. ;)

I'm patient as far as team movement and direction. Fan actions on the other hand, wears thin. Causes my snark and meme meter to ramp up.

I'm sorry, but how can you conclusively make a statement such as this? Put aside the stats, what everyone has had done or not done, and any discussion about whether guys will match last season or improve, regress, etc. Look at the team as it is currently constructed. Outside of Cruz, Markakis, and Miller, it's the exact same team as last year, almost top to bottom, and is getting back three guys who were either hurt or suspended. A lot of people felt Markakis was replaceable or money poorly spent, I disagree to a certain extent, so that's out. Some people were happy to bite the bullet on Andrew Miller for his performance if it meant going deep in the playoffs, and in almost every other case don't want to spend money on a reliever. Check that one off too. Some people didn't want Cruz (I was one), but were willing to take the chance he'd perform and let him walk for a pick. He did, we got it, now people are mad about it because of a season that is overwhelmingly difficult to replicate no matter where he is. That's just three guys out of a team of 25, a full roster of 40, and an entire organization with smart and competent people. Justify to me, given all that and the fact that no actual games are being played, that this team does not go to the playoffs.

Yes, the team we have now may have won the AL East by only 6 games instead of 12. Might as well throw in towel.

Yes, the team we have now may have won the AL East by only 6 games instead of 12. Might as well throw in towel.

You forgot to add the extra wins from De Aza and from Wesley Wright. More like 9. BTW the Yankees face of the franchise is either Alex Rodriguez or Brett Gardner.

Archived